Inside: Try this FREE printable snail themed activity to practise shape recognition, fine motor skills and develop spatial awareness.
Snails are fascinating! Bring a little bit of garden wildlife into your home learning with this printable activity which targets fine motor skills (cutting and sticking) while providing the perfect opportunity to work on Math skills and language around comparing sizes and shapes.
What makes this Snail Shape printable a great learning activity?
- For 2-3 year olds, this printable is designed to be a simple matching activity which targets both their shape recognition, spatial awareness and problem solving ability
- The varying snail shell sizes and shapes provide the perfect opportunity to talk together and model language to compare shapes and sizes, like: ‘does this one fit here?’, ‘is this one bigger or smaller?’, ‘this snail needs a square shell’, or ‘this circle is too big!’
- For preschoolers, work on cutting out and arranging the different shapes accurately. This printable is the perfect activity for preschoolers to work on independently, once competent with a pair of scissors!
How to print and use this Snail Shapes Cut and Match activity:
- Follow the link below to join the HTS mailing list and access this printable in our FREE printable library
- Download and print the Snail Shapes printable (2 pages) from the printable library
- For toddlers: help your little one cut out the snail shell shapes.
- For preschoolers: begin with page 2 and allow them to cut out the snail shells themselves.
- Give your child page 1 of the printable and work together or independently to match the snails to their shells.
Join the HTS Mailing List
This Snail Shapes printable is exclusive for Happy Tot Shelf mailing list subscribers. Sign up for the HTS Mailing List below to gain access to this printable and over 60 more in my FREE printable library.
The Happy Learners’ Club (THLC)
I created The Happy Learners’ Club to provide hands-on learning activities which target math, literacy, cognitive development, and discovery of the world for 2-5 year olds. If your little one loves this activity, they will love everything inside THLC Junior Club (for 2-5 year olds).
THLC is designed for busy parents, looking for simple, effective learning activities and ways to engage their children at home. Is this you? Join the waitlist to find out when enrolment next opens!
More Shape Activities
For older preschoolers, be sure to try this super popular Pizza Shape Matching and Counting Printable Activity and Raindrop Shapes - Cutting practice!