Inside: Here's a fun cutting practice for your preschooler, with a free printable!
Do you notice your preschooler taking interest in learning how to cut with scissors? I have the perfect activity for your preschooler to practice cutting!
This Raindrop Shapes activity is one of the most popular activity from my activity membership, The Happy Learners' Club and I just have to share it here on my blog. The children in my membership love playing this fun cutting game and they are asking to do this activity again and again!
Here's why this is a perfect cutting practice for preschoolers who are learning to cut.
- The activity is designed for your preschooler to cut a narrow strip of paper with just one snip. Your preschoolers is able to easily observe the cause (opening and closing the scissors once) and effect (a shape gets snipped off).
- Cutting a narrow strip of paper is simple and manageable for beginners and this sets them up for some easy wins and helps your preschoolers build their confidence to use the scissors.
- This is a fun dice game, children are excited to see which shape gets snip off first and they will totally forget that they are practicing cutting!
Here's the best news is I created a printable version of this activity. Simply print, cut and use the activity right away with your little one. Link to download this printable is at the end of the post.
How to Play this Raindrop Shapes Preschooler Cutting Activity
- Create the activity as shown in photo OR simply print out the Raindrop Shapes Printable (link to download this printable below)
- Prepare the dice and printable according to the instructions.
- Toss the dice.
- Snipe off the shape that appears on the top of the dice.
- Game ends when one shape is completely snipped off.
Download this Raindrop Shapes Printable for your Preschooler to Practice Cutting with Scissors
To grab a copy, sign up for Happy Tot Shelf mailing list and receive this printable as a bonus.
Join my mailing list and get the password to access the Printable Library. You will find this Raindrop Shapes Printable and many more home learning resources in the Printable Library.
Hey, I really like your raindrop shapes.
Uau! I love it!! Hhahaha I'm really looking for to have try!