If you are new to Happy Tot Shelf, you found the right page to begin!
What is Happy Tot Shelf?
In a nutshell, Happy Tot Shelf is our themed learning shelf that I create for my children each month.
We are all about interest-led, theme based DIY home learning here.
Each theme is chosen based on my children’s current interests. I believe the best way to learn anything and everything is through our interests.
Related: Why do we love theme based learning?
What is my goal for Happy Tot Shelf?
To help fellow parents create a HTS home learning lifestyle – one where children are free to explore their interests, stay curious about the world and always find joy in learning.
Every child loves to learn. How do we keep this love of learning in our children?
Everyday, I’m discovering answers to this question and sharing them with like-minded parents here on Happy Tot Shelf.
Our DIY Approach
Most of the learning activities on our shelves are home made with everyday items/trash! Meaningful hands-on activities don’t have to cost a bomb.
Kickstart your HTS Home Learning Adventure!
Here are some useful links to help you get going:
- Learn how our monthly themed shelf works and how we do home learning with it here.
- More about me and why I created Happy Tot Shelf here.
- Our past themed learning shelves (aka our Happy Tot Shelves!) and summary lists of all the activities and resources. You will find activity ideas for both toddlers (1.5yo to 3yo) and preschoolers (3yo to 6yo).
- On my Printables page, you can find all the printables I created! They are absolutely f-r-e-e for my blog subscribers. Join my mailing list to receive the password to the page.
- For tips on choosing themes and 101 theme ideas, check out my Themes 101 eBook.
I hope you find all the ideas and inspirations you need to create your first learning activity or your first theme shelf! Thank you for stopping by!
Join my mailing list!