My kids are so excited about Christmas, they will ask me every day in December if it was Christmas. Since 2 years ago, I have made a countdown activity every December as a fun way for my kids to visualize the number of days left till Christmas.
A fun way to countdown to Christmas
This Paper Plate Snowman Countdown Craft takes just minutes to put together and turns out so cute! The kid gets to turn the orange nose of the snowman to the next number each day. When the nose pointer is pointing at 25, it’s Christmas Day! And the kid gets to practice counting from 1 to 25 too!
What do you need?
- 2 paper plates
- Black and orange cardstock paper
- A small brad pin
- Basic stationery like a pair of scissors, stapler and glue
We have a video tutorial here to show you how we made this Snowman Countdown Craft. Or simply follow the instructions below:
- Write 1 to 25 along the edge of one of the paper plate (use only 2/3 of the paper plate).
- Cut out 5 small black circles for the buttons and the eyes.
- Cut a black hat for the snowman.
- Stick 2 circles on the paper plate with numbers as the eyes for the snowman.
- Then attach the hat on the head with stapler or glue.
- Cut an orange nose (like a carrot shape).
- Poke a small hole in the nose and another hole in the centre of the paper plate face.
- Attach the orange nose to the paper plate face with a brad pin.
- Stick the remaining 3 black circles on the second paper plate as the buttons for the snowman.
- Attach the head to the body and the snowman is ready!
How do you countdown to Christmas? Love to hear all the fun ideas you have! Here’s another of our favorite countdown idea – Santa Down the Chimney Countdown Craft. Also, be sure to check out the rest of our Christmas theme activities on our Christmas Learning Shelf too!
Leave a Reply