One of my favorite thing about Christmas is... counting down to Christmas!
Fun Way to Visualize Number of Days Left to Christmas
This Santa Down the Chimney is SO (or too) fun, to be perfectly honest, half the time the counter isn't on the right number. My children love sliding the Santa down into the house MANY times a day. But every morning without fail, my kids will run to it and we will move it down to the correct date and we count the number of days left to our favorite holiday.
What do you need?
- One 9" diameter paper plate
- A Santa Claus picture (around 3" tall)
- A 30" by 2" long strip of cardboard
- Basic stationery like a pair of scissors, sharpie and glue
Let's make this countdown craft!
We have a video tutorial here to show you how we made this Santa Down the Chimney Countdown Craft. Or simply follow the instructions below.
- Prepare a 30inch by 2inch long cardboard. You may need to connect 2 to 3 strips of cardboard together.
- Draw 26 lines, 1 inch apart on the strip of cardboard.
- Leaving the top space empty, write number 1 to 25 in the rest of the 1" spaces.
- Draw a house on the paper plate and color it.
- Cut along the roof of the house.
- Prepare a 1.25" by 7" paper and fold in half. Cut a small rectangle (big enough to see the numbers) on one half of this piece of paper. Stick only the ends together and glue Santa on this end.
- Insert the long strip of cardboard through this Santa sliding counter.
- Attach the paper plate house just below number 25.
- Lastly, attach this countdown craft to a wall or shelf.
Share a photo with me if you make one too! Here are more fun Christmas theme learning activities on my Instagram (#christmashts) and Pinterest. Merry Christmas!
Leave a Reply