Inside: A collection of our favorite toddler and preschool Christmas theme activities
Every year, we can’t wait for December and do all things fun the whole month to celebrate Christmas. Here we are kicking off the celebration with a full shelf of Christmas theme learning activities!
Christmas Theme Activities and Learning Shelf
Related: Read more about how we do learning at home with our theme based learning shelf on my How HTS Works page.
The activities are created for children of ages 1.5 years old to 6 years old. They have been categorized into six main learning areas (language, numeracy, motor skills, discovery of the world, arts & creative expression, social & emotional development).
Toddler Christmas Theme ACTIVITIES (1.5 TO 3 YEARS OLD)
- Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Planting (motor skills)
- Presents and Dot Stickers Color Matching (numeracy)
- Christmas Lights Dot Stickers Line Up (motor skills)
- TP Roll Christmas Tree Color Matching. Read more about this 5 in 1 activity here. (numeracy)
- Dot Stickers Christmas Tree Shape Matching (numeracy)
- Shape Christmas Tree Puzzle (numeracy, motor skills)
- Snowman Pompom Drop (motor skills)
- Contact Paper Santa’s Beard (motor skills)
- Duplo Christmas Tree Rubber Bands Wrap (motor skills)
Preschool Christmas Theme ACTIVITIES (3 TO 6 YEARS OLD)
- Popsicle Stick Christmas tree Uppercase & Lowercase Letter Matching (language)
- TP roll Christmas tree sight word graphing game. Read more about this 5 in 1 activity here. (language)
- Christmas lights Chinese sight words matching (language) – Find this printable here.
Bonus: This printable and instructions can be found on my subscriber-only Printable resource page. As a bonus for joining my mailing list, you get exclusive access to all my learning printables.
- Christmas tree pouch caps counting (numeracy)
- Santa Sleigh Presents Subtraction Activity (numeracy) – Find this printable here.
- Dot Stickers Christmas Tree Pattern (numeracy and motor skill)
- Dot Christmas Tree (numeracy and motor skill) – Find this printable here.
- TP Roll Stacking and Counting Christmas Tree (numeracy)
- Countdown to Christmas with this Santa Christmas Countdown Craft. It’s a great activity for counting from 1 to 25! (numeracy)
Related: Countdown to Christmas with these fun gift-less ideas!
Christmas Theme CRAFTS, EXPERIMENTS & Sensory Play
- Snowflakes printing with strawberry baskets (arts & creative expression)
- Christmas tree printing with potatoes (arts & creative expression)
- Christmas theme wheel pasta sensory bin (arts & creative expression)
- Playdough and Ping Pong Balls Snowman Invitation to create (arts & creative expression)
- Yarn Wrapped Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree Ornament (arts & creative expression)
- Symmetry Christmas Tree Printing (arts & creative expression)
Join my Happy Tot Shelf community and get my best learning tips to nurture a love of learning in your children. Join here!
Here are more toddler and preschool Christmas theme resources for you!
- Pinterest Board: CHRISTMAS Theme
- Unique Hashtag on Instagram: #ChristmasHTS
- Focus Books: Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle, How to Catch an Elf by Adam Wallace, Merry Christmas, Mouse! By Laura Numeroff
Pin this to your favorite toddler and preschool Christmas theme activities board!