Do you want to build a snowman?
With TP rolls! How fun is this invitation for children to build their TP rolls snowman by stacking TP rolls on each other in a kitchen towel holder? Great motor skill activity for the little hands!
Learn Counting and Addition
And of course, I sneaked in some numeracy learning in this one. For children who are learning to count, invite them to count the buttons on the snowman and add on the hat with the matching number. For bigger kids who are ready to take on the addition challenge, stack on more snowman bodies, add up the buttons on the snowman and find the hat with the correct answer.
GOOD NEWS – Free Counting Snowman Printable!
What do you need?
- The TP Roll Snowman Printable (on my subscribers-only Printable pages)
- 8 TP rolls
- A pair of scissors and glue
Let’s make this snowman toy!
We have a video tutorial here to show you how we made this learning toy. Or simply follow the instructions below.
- Print out the TP Roll Snowman Printable.
- Cut out the 2 snowman body circles with buttons, 1 head and 10 snowman hats with numbers 1 to 10
- Prepare 8 toilet paper rolls, cut each TP roll into half
- Paste the circles, head and hats on the TP roll halves
TP rolls are definitely my one of my favorite materials for making my DIY learning toys. Here are a few of our favorite projects with TP rolls – TP Roll Christmas Tree, TP Roll Castle, TP Roll Apple Trees. Time to save all those TP rolls and get creative!