One of our favorite way to celebrate Singapore’s National Day is to learn more about our country through some fun Singapore themed learning activities! Read on for my list of fun ideas for children to learn about Singapore’s flag, culture and famous landmarks.
Singapore Theme Learning Activities and Shelf
Note: This shelf was created in 2017 when Singapore celebrated her 52ndbirthday, hence explaining all the number 52 in see in this post.
LEARNING ACTIVITIES FOR TODDLERS (2 TO 3 YEARS OLD)
- Matching colors of the cable cars and pegging cable cars onto a string (numeracy & motor skills)
- Arranging Merlions from tallest to shortest (numeracy)
- Dot a flag, colour a flag and make a felt flag with a Singapore flag activity board. The Singapore flag dot activity is from PlayLeXue and you can download it here. (discovery of the world)
- Pretend play with Hokkien Mee set (from Heartfelt Makan) using chopsticks. (discovery of the world, motor skills)
All the above activities are suitable for the preschoolers too.
LEARNING ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS (3 TO 6 YEARS OLD)
- Roll a die and cover corresponding number of letter ‘d’ on the durian with spikes. (language)
- Matching the Chinese character 星 and 月to the star and moon symbols. (language)
- Search and dot the Chinese character 星 and 月. (language)
- Measuring the height of Merlions (numeracy)
- Differentiate 52 from 25 and dot all the number 52. (numeracy)
- Counting to 52 stars. (numeracy)
- Addition within 10 with stars. (numeracy)
- Counting 1 to 10 and number matching on the paper plate ferris wheel (numeracy)
- 3 parts puzzles of iconic landmarks in Singapore. Watch the video tutorial here. (discovery of the world)
- Spot the difference in the Hokkien Mee (from Heartfelt Makan) game and put in the missing ingredients using chopsticks. (discovery of the world and motor skill)
CRAFT PROJECTS, EXPERIMENTS & SENSORY PLAY
- Duplo block HDB stamping (arts & creative expression)
- Merlion theme water bead sensory bin (arts & creative expression)
- Singapore flag bean sensory bin and make bottle shakers with the beans (arts & creative expression)
- Invitation to decorate a cardboard box cake (arts & creative expression)
- Make a My Home 3D collage (arts & creative expression)
Want more Singapore Themed Activities?
Check out this blog post and download this free Singapore Theme Printable Packs with 9 fun and easy activities for kids to learn about Singapore! There is a bonus Singapore theme booklist too!
I hope you and your little ones will have fun learning about Singapore with these activities!