Children will enjoy this simple invitation to create lovely dot paint flowers with the flower stencils and dot paint markers. Encourage your child to experiment with different combination of colors or regular patterns. Or simply dot away randomly and create any patterns they like!
Related: Looking for more flower theme activities? Check out our Garden Learning Shelf.
This art material is a must-have!
Dot paint markers are one of our favorite art supplies at home. Our favorite brand is the Dot-A-Dot markers. They are great for little hands to grip on, easy to use and mess free, totally perfect for young toddlers. And you will be pleased to know that older kids love them too. My 6yo kindergartener still love to make art with these markers.
I’ll let you in on a secret here. I am obsessed with these dot markers too! They are so useful to create the quickest and easiest learning activities. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Dot the Flowers Color Matching – Happy Tot Shelf
- Giant Dot to Dot Pre-Writing Activity – Happy Tot Shelf
- Primary Color Match – Days with Grey
- Hearts Pattern – Happy Toddler Play Time
- Find the Hearts – Happy Tot Shelf
- Dot a Snail – Little Ones Learn
Setting up this Flower Stencil Painting Invitation
- Draw flowers or print out this Flower Outlines printable on cardstock paper. (Cardstock paper or thick papers are recommended so that they will not tear easily)
- Cut the flowers out to create the flower stencils.
- Set out dot paint markers, paper and the flower stencils.
- Secure the flower stencils on the paper with washi tape. I love to use washi tape for this purpose as they can be removed easily without tearing the paper.
Now invite your children to dot away and create beautiful flower painting!
Pin this idea for later!
Get exclusive access to my printable page as bonus for joining my newsletter. You also receive my Themes 101 eBook.Get them here >>